Welcome to my Blog! The Photo in my Header is a photo of a fox in a chair on my deck. He was asleep but woke up for the photo!

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Repeat Impressions POTW -Gift Card Holder

Hi there! I'm back with a new POTW at Repeat Impressions. For my project I made a gift card holder with a belly band.

Supplies used:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions "Poinsettia"#2012-W and sentiment "Christmas" #1141-W (I inked up separately for a different look)
Stamp-a-ma-jig
Embossing powder (clear)
VersaMark
MS punch
Copics R27 and R37
Sponge
Removable tape
Gift card
Stickles
Memento ink
Score-Pal
Card stock
Designer paper
Washi Tape



The outside view with belly band.



Here is what the inside looks like.



I started out with some green card stock which I cut 61/4 by 51/2 and scored in half. Next I matted some designer paper to both inside panels of my card. Then using a piece of white card stock which I cut to 5 -1/8" by 3- 3/8",then score at 5/8" and 2-7/8". Next I stamped the poinsettia image three times using a mask with the VersaMark and black ink and then embossed it with clear embossing powder. Colored the Poinsettias with Copic's.



Using a circle punch about half way, punch out for the ease of sliding the card out.




Here on the small score side I added some score tape . After gluing the side together I then glued it to a slightly larger mat. I used removable tape to adhere it to the card ( so you can remove it off the card). For other inside of card I made the panels about the same size as the card holder, Added the sentiment and sponged around with Desert Sand. 




To make the belly band, I cut out some white card stock 7 " long, and punched it out with MS punch on both sides and sponged it also. Added a piece of Washi tape  and the Poinsettia image (love this image) cut and embossed. Score the sides and glue together the ends.
Slide in your card and close it with the belly band. 




Great way to put a personal touch to a gift card. Hope you enjoyed my project and don't forget we have a DCC challenge on  Wednesday, hope to see you there. 

Thanks for stopping by. Geri










5 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

Geri this is a beautiful card holder. I think I'm going to try to CASE this as I still have a couple of holder to make. Enjoy your day.

Olga said...

Gorgeous, TFS!!!

Lynn McAuley said...

What a gorgeous gift card holder, Geri! I love these beautiful poinsettias!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Geri- This is lovely!

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is gorgeous inside and out! Great idea and design!