Welcome to my Blog! The Photo in my Header is a photo of a fox in a chair on my deck. He was asleep but woke up for the photo!

Sunday, October 19, 2014

POTW For Repeat Impressions - Dragonfly Art

Hi there! Here with another project. When I received this beautiful Dragonfly stamp from Repeat Impressions, I knew I had to make a 3-D project with it. It is a nice size image (about 4" by 2").  I cased a art piece from Pier One Imports.


I have two samples to show you. Click on the photos for a larger view.









Here is how I made the blue one. I stamped the image in Memento "London Fog", colored it with Copic's using BG10, B01 and BV00. Next I covered the  entire image with "Wink Of Stella" GL clear.
After it dried I  fussy cut it out. Next I laid it on a "VersaMark pad, pushing it down for good coverage, then used clear embossing powder , then heat set it.  I used a small wooden block painted black and had my DH drill a small hole in the center. But a small box or vase will do. Bent some floral wire, snipped it the length I needed. Then glued the Dragonfly to the top of wire.

Here is a photo of supplies used for the blue piece.



A closeup image before adding it to the wire.







Supplies used for both:
Repeat Impressions "Dragonfly (lg)" stamp #4401-0
Floral wire
wire snips
glue
Wooden blocks
Black spray paint
Memento Black and London Fog
Copic's: BG10, B01 and BV00 (blue Dragonfly)
YR02, YR21, Y21 and G21 (Fall colors Dragonfly)
Wink of Stella
VersaMark
Clear embossing powder
Heat gun
Heavy card stock


Hope you liked my project and if you give it a try, let me know, I would love to see it. 
Thanks for stopping by.


8 comments:

Olga said...

you are amazing, these are absolutley gorgeous!!!!!

Cheri said...

You truly are a ROCK STAR, Geri! I never would have thought of this! It's stunning! Fabulous idea and I LOVE that stamp too.

Betty Benton said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Theresa said...

These are so beautiful! Love your coloring!! Did you use wire for the antennae or are they cut outs. Great job!!

joy said...

Wowie, Wowie, Wowie! Those are gorgeous! I'm so impressed.

Vicki Dutcher said...

How fabulous is this! Excellent creation!!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Oh Geri, these are beautiful and such a clever was to use the images!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wow! These are so amazingly lovely. I especially like the blue one.