Welcome to my Blog! The Photo in my Header is a photo of a fox in a chair on my deck. He was asleep but woke up for the photo!

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

What If Wednesday? Sketch Challenge at RI

Hi there! 
Time for Repeat Impressions "What If Wednesday" sketch challenge! Every other week Repeat Impressions has a sketch challenge and we would love to have you join us, all the info on playing along can be found at Repeat Impressions blog The House That Stamps Built. This great sketch was provided by Wendy. Thanks Wendy!! 




For my card I sponged the background in using Memento ink and post it note to make the horizon.
Then I stamped the palm tree twice using Memento Bamboo Leaves, then colored in some darker shades, then used the Stamp-a-ma-Jig to place the image where I wanted it, then colored in some darker shades with Copic's. I used Recollections snow for the waves and foam.
Images and sentiment is by Repeat Impressions "Palm Tree Silhouette" #2414 and "Life's a Beach " #2407. I used Spellbinders Impressabilities for the shell by embossing the Sea Scape die and then sponged in some gray, then cut some of the shells out.






The team has some gorgeous samples to share with you, check it out!




Have a great day and thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

GERI! Did you do those shells too? I want to know how you did them please -- Excellent beach scene mf -- I wish I was there! :)

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Lovely Geri- this reminds me of my late uncle when he lived in Hawaii. He would always send gorgeous photos!

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is a beautiful beach scene.

Becky said...

wow Geri, this is just stunning. It looks like a work of art!

Seadragon said...

What an amazing card! I love this scene you've created!