Welcome to my Blog! The Photo in my Header is a photo of a fox in a chair on my deck. He was asleep but woke up for the photo!

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Project Of The Week - Out Of The Box!

Hi there! I'm here with another POTW at Repeat Impressions. I used the out of the box technique  stamped on both sides of the front panel of the card. This works great if you have a image that is the same on both sides. Like this gorgeous butterfly by Repeat Impressions.


Here is the inside view.




 Here is how I created it.
I started out with a piece of white A-2 side folded CS. Using a Stamp-a-ma- Jig to place my image where I wanted.



Next I used a ruler to mark where I wanted to cut out a portion of the image.



 I cut up and down to the butterfly and around the butterfly




A closer view.



Next on the inside I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig again to line up the image perfectly on the already cut out side. Then stamped it.



I then rounded the front corners and randomly stamped the vine image and using the SIMJ to place them where I wanted them. Last I colored the butterfly and the vine. Then added the sentiment.
I colored them with Copic's but keep in mind to use heavy CS or it will blend through.

Stamps by Repeat Impressions: "Butterfly(lg) "#9001, "Flowering Vine" #4314 and the sentiment is "Beautiful Days" #9206. 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

6 comments:

Olga said...

what a gorgeous card, thanks for sharing, May give this a try!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Oh this is very awesome!

Georette Leveaque said...

Wow that a beautiful card
Got to try this out
Thank for showing

Mrs. O said...

Love it! What a fun card... just right for the end of summer!

Verna Angerhofer said...

How beautiful and so lovely a way to dress up a card design. I may have to try this myself one day soon.

Cheri said...

Awesome in EVERY way!