Welcome to my Blog! The Photo in my Header is a photo of a fox in a chair on my deck. He was asleep but woke up for the photo!

Friday, July 25, 2014

Clouds, Clouds, Clouds!! Challenge at Stamp TV

Hi there! I've been recovering from a bad cold and finally feeling better and ready to play with my stamps. Stamp TV has a fun challenge that's right up my ally. The challenge is to make a card using clouds.  You find the challenge here.




I started off by sponging the clouds with Bashful blue by SU, leaving a lot of white areas. Then made some stencils on post it notes. Then using Prisma pencils to add areas of darker blues and grey. Finished off the clouds by adding some white to the tops of some of the clouds. 


I then sponged in the lower background with Memento Cantaloupe and Toffee Crunch. After that I stamped in the weeds? I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to connect the barbwire across the card. I stamped the birds in Black Memento and add white dots for the eyes with my white marker.
The stamps used and card stock are by Gina K. Designs.
"Out West 2" and "Birds & Blossoms" both are illustrated by Theresa Momber.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by.





10 comments:

Cheri said...

Geri, this is stunning!!! I love the way you created the sky! What a super talented lady you are my friend! (So glad you're feeling better too).

Natalie said...

Geri, your card is gorgeous and those clouds are fabulous, wow!!!

Nana Griffin said...

Thanks for the details on making your clouds. Lovely card!

Shirley said...

Geri, you are one artist!! If I were receiving your card I would have framed cards everywhere. This is outstanding and so beautiful!! It's like a photo but prettier.

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love your card. It sure is a beautiful one. I did not get to play at all this week. Too busy! Most likely won't for the next two weeks either. But glad you have inspired me with your cool ideas.

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

This is gorgeous Geri and your clouds are perfect!

Vicki Dutcher said...

TOTALLY FABULOUS clouds and sky!

Becky said...

wow. Gorgeous card, and love how your clouds came out.

Barbara said...

Absolutely amazing clouds!

Seadragon said...

These are just the loveliest clouds .. the whole card is beautiful!