Welcome to my Blog! The Photo in my Header is a photo of a fox in a chair on my deck. He was asleep but woke up for the photo!

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Wooden Background Challenge at STV and My First Blog Candy

Hi there! Hope your day is going well. I have a card to share and my very first blog candy!!! I know !!!
I got this new stamp set illustrated by Theresa Momber from Gina K. Designs. "OUT West #2", I just love it and I happen to have a extra set of "OUT WEST" the first one. Would you like to win the first Out West set? (red rubber and new).
Just leave a comment here on my blog, that's all. You have until  Tuesday June 17th at 6:00PM pst. I will announce a winner on Wednesday June 18th, here on my blog.

"OUT WEST2"


"OUT WEST"


The challenge I'm entering is at Stamp TV and the challenge is to make a Wooden Background ( not pre-made) I followed Gina's tutorial on Stamp TV Here. I had forgotten how much fun it is to make these wood grain backgrounds. I used GKD card stock. Score-Pal and Memento Potter's Clay for the background.

For my card I used "Out West 2" and the sentiment is from "Out West". I sponged in the background with Memento ink and colored the images with Copic's and added some Prisma Pencils after. 





Thanks and have a great day.


10 comments:

Laurie Pickerel said...

I love this card! I bought the latest version of the Way Out West set but haven't been inspired to use it yet. This inspires me! :) Thank you!

Judy I, St. Louis MO said...

Great card. I love your coloring and the background. I just got Out West 2, but haven't had a chance to play. The original set is on my wish list so I'd love to win it.

Lisa K said...

Wow! Your horse looks great! What a wonderful gift to give.

Georgei said...

Wow beautiful card that you made
Like the coloring that you did your work is wow
Thank for a chance to win

Vicki Dutcher said...

Look at you offering blog candy! WTG rodeo :) [pun intended] - Awesome coloring. I love those cactus living in AZ I get asked for cactus cards all the time. Thanks for the chance~

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Geri- This is fabulous coloring- you always do such a wonderful job! Hee Haw!

Joyce Evans Erb said...

Love the background, and that wire is great. That sentiment is naughty lol

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a neat card and I love the western theme. And, yes, would love to win a first edition Out West set as I tried to order it and saw it was no longer available. That really bummed me!

stamping sue said...

Good card! nice coloring.
you can add me to list for Out West stamp set. thank you
stamping sue
http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

Shirley said...

Of course I was off in Lala land somewhere when you had candy!! ;-) I love your card. Not only is your painting wonderful, but the sentiment will always bring a grin, especially with the buckeroo!!