Welcome to my Blog! The Photo in my Header is a photo of a fox in a chair on my deck. He was asleep but woke up for the photo!

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

DCC CHALLENGE AT REPEAT IMPRESSIONS

Hi there! Hope you are all doing well and in mood for a fun challenge. Karen is hosting this weeks challenge and has ask us to make a shaped or fun fold card, sound like fun? Hope you can join us as we would love to see your creations. You can find all the info at Repeat Impressions blog The House That Stamps Built.

Before I get to the details of my card I want to announce the winner of my blog candy. the "OUTWEST" stamp set goes to Verna Angerhofer , congratulations Verna, send me your address (will not be published) and I will send that right out to you. Thanks to all of you who participated it is appreciated.

For my card card I used Repeat Impressions stamp image "Beer Mug" # 9602 and the sentiment is " This Bud" #9603 both are from the Bottoms Up series. The beer mug image measures about 3" by 21/2" and I thought it would make a perfect gift tag (maybe on a six pack) for a guy would be a great gift. Sorry not shown.
I wanted the fold on the handles instead of the top so I stamped the image on the back side of a plastic sheet then quickly flipped it over on to my card stock rubbing it so that all the ink would transfer. Colored the image with Copic's, then cut it out.
Sorry for the lame photo, anyway the sentiment is on the inside and says "This Buds For You".




Here is another view.






Be sure to check out the most awesome cards ever from the rest of the team.



Have a great day and thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

Love It Geri. The ideal tag for a guy's gift, especially a six pack. I think I know what sentiment you went for and it is perfect. Thanks for the hint on how to make this. Have a wonderful day. It is going to be hot and humid here, so one of these "cold ones" might be a good idea today. LOL

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Congrats, Verna! You will love that set! Geri, you sure brewed up a great mug!

Olga said...

Fantastic card!!!

Karen Hasheck said...

Love this shaped card for my DCC- perfect for a guy!

Shirley said...

How totally cute and what fun!! Would love to see his face light up too!