Welcome to my Blog! The Photo in my Header is a photo of a fox in a chair on my deck. He was asleep but woke up for the photo!

Friday, May 23, 2014

Pop Goes The World Challenge

Hi there! I got to spend some time today in my craft room and decided to play with some new digital images I just got. I have to admit to being little behind in using digital images but I love these beautiful flower images by Marcella Hawley of Power Poppy. On Power Poppies- the blog  they have some wonderful tutorials on using digital images. So far pretty easy I haven't tried the sentiments in the image so the sentiment is on the inside of the card. My card is for Power Poppy's  inspiration challenge and to use at least three of the colors shown in the photo.

Here is what I came up with. I sponged the background with Memento's  and colored the image with Copic's and some Prisma Pencils.




Here is the inside of card.




My daughter Brenda got me a couple of sets of clear photopolymer stamps from Power Poppy for Mother's Day and can't wait to give them a try. They are just beautiful.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.


7 comments:

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

This is a gorgeous one, Geri. The poppies are beautifully colored! Have a great weekend!

Shirley said...

Gorgeous digi and beautiful card, Geri! I really love what you did with the inside too!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my word! Look at the colors! Now, that's what I call inspired! My heart skips a beat at your gorgeous coloring. You have a magic touch! Your background is completely amazing. One word sums this up... WOW! I'm so glad you could join our challenge, Gail!

Becky said...

wow Geri, your flowers look amazing! Such awesome coloring. Awesome card, inside and out.

Theresa said...

Beautiful take on this challenge. Love your use of colors!

Alshandra said...

Your card is so beautiful and your colouring is amazing! So gorgeous!

ChristineCreations said...

Geri I love this design! The background is amazing using the purples and the color on your tulips is gorgeous!