Welcome to my Blog! The Photo in my Header is a photo of a fox in a chair on my deck. He was asleep but woke up for the photo!

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Repeat Impressions Project-Hinged Card

Hi there! I wanted to share with you one of a few versions of a Hinge style card. First you would make your folded card base the size you want or what will work with the size of your image. My finished card is 5 1/2" X 5". From the top fold you will need to score across the width of what you want your hinge or panel to be. I scored mine at 1 inch down. This can be either a side opening or top which ever you perfere. Next you will glue from the top fold to your score line across, being careful not to glue on the score line.. So that when you open the card it only opens from the score line, I guess that is where it get it's name. I'm not the greatest at explaining things so I hope this makes sense. I added a few photo's to help. Then decorate as you wish.
To make this card I used Repeat Impressions gorgeous "Butterfly"(lg) #6104 and the vertical sentiment is "Birthday Vertical" #6104.
The butterfly was colored with Copic's # BG000, BG10 and B66 and cut out.
The DP is MME.
Pop-dots for a 3-D look.





Score along the front of your card the width you want, my is scored at about 1 inch from the fold at the top of card.




Glue down the hinge portion with glue, I used score tape.



Here is a closer view of my 3-D butterfly.





Here is another hinge style card using the same butterfly image in different colors and doing the split screen technique, which is a image divided. I colored and cut out the image and glued it to a piece of DP. Then cut it into three equal pieces and glued it in place on some card stock. The sentiment is from Repeat Impressions "Flutter By" #9005



Another view.



Be sure to check the other teammates projects each week, always fun and Repeat Impressions have a challenge every week that you can join in and have a chance to win some fabulous prizes, you can find the challenges at The House That Stamps Built. We love to see your artwork as well.

Thanks for stopping by and a great day.




2 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

You know I AM LOVING the turquoise card -- both cards are stunning!

Shirley said...

These are both so really pretty! The first one has a very cool and whimsical feel and the second one is definitely a very warm card!! Love those brads too!