Welcome to my Blog! The Photo in my Header is a photo of a fox in a chair on my deck. He was asleep but woke up for the photo!

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

What If Wednesday Sketch Challenge

Hi there! We have a new Sketch Challenge to share with you today at Repeat Impressions. Here’s Wendy's latest design. We would love to have you join us and you may even win a prize, all the info can be found at RI blog The House That Stamps Built.






I made a doggie treat bag for my sample. I got this bag maker by We R memory keepers for Christmas and been wanting to try it out. After making the bag I punched out the oval using Spellbinders. Made the doggie treats using a recipe (see below) from Theresa Momber. The adorable dog image is by Repeat Impressions"Wagging Pup" #8106. I used Spellbinders Font one, lowercase and uppercase for the sentiment.




Here is another view.




The team has some amazing samples to inspire you.



Peanut Butter Dog Treats

2/3 cup peanut butter
2 TBS oil
1/4 to 1/2 cups water
1/4 cup wheat germ (optional)
2 TBS sugar (optional)
2 cups Wheat Flour

Preheat oven to 375 F. Mix peanut butter, oil and 1/4 cup of the water, until smoth. Mix dry ingredients together and then add to peanut butter mixture , in additions. Add more of the water if needed to make into a dough.

Roll out to a 1/4 inch thickness and cut into your favorite shapes, using cookie cutters. Bake 20 minutes at 375. When done, turn off oven and leave cookies in the oven to "dry them out" as much as possible before sealing them up. They burn very easily, especially if you have rolled them out thinner than 1/4 


Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day.












1 comment:

Olga said...

this is great, (being I have 2 dogs that love treats), I love the bag too!!!!!