Welcome to my Blog! The Photo in my Header is a photo of a fox in a chair on my deck. He was asleep but woke up for the photo!

Sunday, January 12, 2014

January Project For Repeat Impressions

Hi there! I'm back with a new project for Repeat Impressions. A few years ago I made some luminaries using the flame-less lights. I thought I would show you a sample of one.
My first view is showing the shade on a Febreze Air Freshener light.




This is standing alone with a flame-less light.




Here is what it looks like without a light. These fold up flat for easy storage and is fun to make for all the seasons.



Supplies needed to make this are:
Two pieces of card stock 6 1/2 inches X 4 inches.
Score each at 6 inches and at 3 inches. That will leave a 1/2 inch tab for gluing together.
You will need a two pieces of Vellum 4 inches X 2 3/4 inches.
I stamped my sentiment on the Vellum with black Versafine pigment ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. Next I used Spellbinders nestabilities circle on each end, Then glue the vellum in place. I made the frame using Spellbinders scallope  and circle dies and glued them on. Next stamped two swan images, colored and cut out the swan images. Gluing  them in place. Next I added scor Tape to the tabs, attach to each straight side.
Finished size is 4 inches high and 3 inches wide square. Not suitable to use with real candles . use only flame-less lights.
Supplies used are:
Repeat Impressions images " Swan Love" #4321 and the sentiment  "Love Much…" #3110.
Spellbinders circles and scalloped circles
Copic makers.
Vellum, scor tape and card stock
Flame-less lights. 
I thought this also would look nice with a heart die instead of the circle.

Hope you liked my project and if you have any questions about this, leave a comment and I will be happy to answer them.
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Olga said...

Fantastic gorgeous project!!!!!

Cheri said...

Geri, this is stunning! I HAVE to make these. What a fabulous idea my super crafty friend....you rock!!!! Thanks for sharing this one! Hugs.

Shirley said...

Someone besides you is doing this kind of thing, except hers is a light box. I want to do one like yours as a card. Love that it's great as a card and a luminare.