Welcome to my Blog! The Photo in my Header is a photo of a fox in a chair on my deck. He was asleep but woke up for the photo!

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

DCC Challenge At Repeat Impressions

Hi there! Happy New Year!!! Hope you all have a safe and wonderful start to the new year!
Nothing like a challenge to start the new year, right!! I'm asking for you to make a card or project using something new to you. It can be anything that is new to you, I went with a technique I have been wanting to try, Chalkboard technique. Yep this is my first one. Hope you can join us and have a chance to win a  prize. You can find all the info here at The House That Stamps Built.


I started out with this chalkboard paper I found at Michaels. Using four different Repeat Impression images "Happy New Year" #3804, "Holly Sprig" #307, "Martini" #9304 and " Fireworks" #9014.
I stamped all the images except the fireworks in VersaMark and embossed it using white embossing powder. I then stamped the fireworks in Colorbox white and stamping off twice before stamping on the paper, so as to make it look as in the background. Added some red stones, then matted it on white and red card stock.



The team has came up with some wonderful cards that are sure to inspire you.

Have great day and thanks for stopping by.


3 comments:

Olga said...

Happy New Year, love your card!!!!

Becky said...

Happy New Year.. Wonderful card.

Cheri said...

Happy New Year, my friend! Love this technique and your choice of stamps is perfect!!! Great challenge, Geri.