Welcome to my Blog! The Photo in my Header is a photo of a fox in a chair on my deck. He was asleep but woke up for the photo!

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

CSS Inspiration Blog Hop

Hi there! Welcome to the CSS Alumni Inspiration Blog Hop at Stamp TV. Linda has brought this beautiful photo for us. You should have arrived here from my good and very talented friend Cheri.

Make sure to leave a comment as you go along because we will choose a random comment and that stamper will win a grab bag of Gina K. Designs products! Look for the announcement on Tuesday, December 24."



For my sample I went with some of the colors I saw in the photo . I used two Gina K. Design stamp sets, illustrated by Theresa Momber. "The tree image is from "The Giving Tree" and the snowman and sentiment are from "Let It Snow". I sponged in the background with Memento's ink and all card stock is by Gina K. Designs. The snowman was colored with Prisma pencils and then cut out. Paper pieced the hat band and tie. Then added red strips with a marker to the broom handle. Added a bow with twine and used a white gel pen for the stars and the snow on the tree.



Next stop along the way is another of my talented friends, Joy. If you want to start at the beginning of the hop, you can find it here at Stamp TV.

I would like to take a minute to thank all my friends and commentors for leaving such wonderful comments on my cards for the CSS hops over the last few years, it has been so appreciated!!. Also want thank Gina, Stamp TV moderators, Jessica, Carolina and all my teammates for putting these hops together!! Huge hugs and thank you!!!


Have wonderful Holiday!!

37 comments:

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Oh Geri- I just adore this snowman and the fabulous scene you put him in!

Miesje said...

Oh that background is absolutely perfect! I love this. I love all of your work - your 2 talented daughters too!

Lori said...

This card make me smile Geri, love it!!

buggin2stamp said...

Awww, so cute! Reminds me of Frosty the Snowman when he comes to life.

Cheri said...

You never stop inventing creativity, my friend. I love that paper piecing a the striped broom handle just did me in!!! As always, you have rocked the challenge. Absolutely fabulous!!!

joy said...

Your coloring always inspired me! You have done a beautiful job on your card - your tree is fabulous - it looks real.

scootingranny said...

Cute snowman, fabulous background and love the twin around the broom...great extra touch

Nana Griffin said...

I love this snowman card!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Oh yeah! Love the touch of stars in your sky and of course your fun snowman!

Brenda said...

Mom what a fabulous scene you have created!! I love the broom handle, pure genius!!
Hugs

Theresa Momber said...

LOVE!!! Gorgeous sky, Mom!

Michelle (sf9erfan) said...

This is totally adorable!

marna ann meek said...

I am loving your card!! Who doesn't love snowmen and especially one who carries a candy cane broom!!

Diana said...

Cute card. Always like snowman in winter scenes.

Stephanie McKnight said...

Adorable snowman! What a beautiful card, and the background scene is simply stunning!

Kitty said...

Gorgeous card. Thank you

Kathleen

Cheryl Depler said...

Totally adorable. Thank you!

stampqueen said...

What an incredible idea - I LOVE the candy striped broom handle - would have never thought of that - now I need to make some more snowmen cards just so I can use that idea :) (I am finally done with this years Christmas cards but I can always start for next year right? - Maybe I wont be rushing at the last minute again...LOL)

Kay S said...

Fabulous card! I adore that snowman and the extra touches you used on him here are just perfect!

Selma said...

It is always a joy to come see your creations Geri. This is adorable. Your coloring is always so realistic. The broom takes this over the top! Merry Christmas my friend.

Phyllis Rodriguez said...

what a cute card , thank you

Sharon said...

Such a cute card! and such great detail like the tree and the broom!

Penny said...

Precious card and your sponged background looks like a photo! Amazing!

Kristen V said...

I love that snowman!

Judy I, St. Louis MO said...

Fabulous card and background. I love coloring that snowman. And I love his candy cane broom. I will miss the hops because they are always so inspiring, but I will continue to visit the blogs to keep the inspiration going.

Tish said...

Adorable snowman and love the rich blue sky.
Thanks for sharing.
Tish

Angie Vallejo said...

Just adorable!

Lisa K said...

Very pretty card. Love the snowman. I have enjoyed these hops. Thanks for the inspiration.

Frances Krug said...

Love the scene you created with the tree and snowman.

sghay said...

Love the card, but the details on the tree really caught my eye. Very good!

Donna Phelan said...

GORGEOUS card, love the look of the night sky and that adorable snowman, he's WHY I bought that set! Merry Merry!

dskene said...

Beautiful! Love the sponging.

Sue D said...

Great colors on this snowman scene.

Judy Woodland said...

You have done such a beautiful job with that sky background, and your little snowman just made me smile. Love the touch of stars in the sky - thanks for the wonderful inspiration.

Julie S. said...

That snowman is so adorable!

Betty Neville said...

Such a sweet and happy card - love it!

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a darling card. Love it!