Welcome to my Blog! The Photo in my Header is a photo of a fox in a chair on my deck. He was asleep but woke up for the photo!

Sunday, November 17, 2013

My Project for Repeat Impressions

Good morning! I'm back with a new project for Repeat Impressions. I  thought I would share a couple of ways to make a base for cards dies using with fancy lace borders. My daughter Theresa showed me this easy way to attach a base using Spellbinder's Majestic Labels #25. In this sample  a shaped card. where the lacy border  is covered by the base. After assembling the front of my card using die #6 and #5 and the the front panel is #4. I added my sentiment and my stamped and cut out the poinsettia's, I set it aside.





For the base : Use a 6 1/2 by 8 1/2 , score and fold along the 8 1/2 side
  of cream colored card stock and placed the folded side just below where the top of my card would be and cut it out using just the #6 die, as shown in photo. Glue the back of front panel to the front of folded base.


Here is a view of the side


I used pop-dots under the top panel and flowers.




This last card is a card I made earlier this year and in this one, using  die #6 for the base. In this sample the base is glued to the front  along top lacy portion, leaving a open lacy border. Cut two and emboss. I did a score line just under the lacy top border ( so you can open the card) on one of them and glued just the top lace parts together. The front of the card was made using a piece of MME DP and die #5 cut and embossed it. Using very vanilla CS cut and emboss #3 and #4. I then sponged a little memento ink and attached my cut out images.





A side view.



I hope I have inspired you and here is a list of supplies used.
Card one:
Stamps by Repeat Impressions, "Christmas… " #2218 and "Poinsettia" #2012
Spellbinders: Majestic Labels #25
TH Vintage photo and Memento Toffee Crunch
Tiny pearls, pop-dots, stickles and glue.
Card # two
Repeat Impressions "Swan Love" #4321
 Spellbinders: Radiant Rectangles
Memento New Sprout ink
ribbon, pearls, pop-dots and glue

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by.


6 comments:

Olga said...

Geri these are gorgeous, I love the layouts you used!!! The images, your coloring and that bow!!

Donna Hanley said...

Just gorgeous Geri. I have not yet tried making a shaped card, but you make it look so easy, I'll give it a try. Enjoy your day.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Look at you going on AWESOME with Spellbinders! Beautifully shaped cards!!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Geri- These cards are beautiful!!! Love what you did here!

Shirley said...

Okay, where to start!!! What really drop dead gorgeous and elegant cards. I am going to CAS somewhere soon I hope. :-) TFS

Joan Fricker said...

Beautiful Geri. Love the detail and the shape of the card. Great job.