Welcome to my Blog! The Photo in my Header is a photo of a fox in a chair on my deck. He was asleep but woke up for the photo!

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Magic Mondays With Repeat Impressions

Hi there!
I'm really excited to share my first Project of the Week with you for The House That Stamps Built .    


Sanding the Edges of Your Die Cutouts.

I almost always use dies for my cards and one of the ways to enhance the look is to sand the edges.
Using just about any printed DP or solid card stock with a core color, such as white ( Tim Holtz has some solid color CS with a Kraft core) that works really great also. Pretty much the same way with embossing folders. Click on the photo for a closer view.


After you decide on your DP, cut and emboss using a die or dies. I used Spellbinders label #4 sm
then remove from the die, laying it flat, sand around the edges, I use a manicure filing block as I find  it is easier to keep even sanding. The back panel I only embossed using blue painters tape to hold it in place and Spellbinders A2Matting Basics B. Remove the tape and die then sand as the front panel. For my card I put the die on the back side of the side I wanted to sand.
Here is a photo of the dies and sanding block.



I stamped the images out in Memento black ink and cut them out.
Supplies used:
"Cupcakes" # 9302 by Repeat Impressions
Dp is Reunion by MME
Card stock by GKD
Spellbinders "Label four" sm. and "A2 Matting Basics B
Copic markers: Cherries, R27, E23. Icing: E53, E31, E35, YR21. Cupcake:E31, E27, E11
Manicurist filing block
Memento Black
Glue
Blue Painter's tape to hold my Dies in place.

Hope you liked my project and have a great day

2 comments:

Olga said...

Gorgeous, I love the way you colored this cupcake, looks so real!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Geri- that cupcake looks good enough to eat! This card is a beauty!