Welcome to my Blog! The Photo in my Header is a photo of a fox in a chair on my deck. He was asleep but woke up for the photo!

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

CSS Sketch Challenge Hop

Hi there! Welcome to another CSS Blog Hop for Gina K. Designs. This great sketch was provided by Carolina.
 "Make sure to leave a comment as you go along because we will choose a random comment and that stamper will win a grab bag of Gina K. Designs products! Look for the announcement on Tuesday, July 16."
You should have arrived here from super talented Cheri's Blog.




For my first card I used this beautiful set by Gina K. Designs "A Year of Flowers 2" illustrated by Melanie Muenchinger. Coloered with Copic's. Card stock by Gina K. Designs. I used stickles and some micro beads for the center. I flipped the sketch.




For my Christmas in July card I used another of Melanie's set by Gina K. Designs. "Stately Flowers 6",  I also used copic's to color my image and add Stickles for sparkle,  hard to see but if you click on the image it may show up better.
I'm entering this in Sean's challenge at Stamp TV to make a Christmas in July card.




Next along the way is the ever so talented Joy's Blog.  Main list of all the participants in this hop can be found here at Stamp TV.

Thanks for hopping along with us and a super great day.



30 comments:

Cheri said...

Geri...I knew you'd show up with something awesome....you doubled up with these two beauties. What fabulous cards! The pine cone from Theresa's set is stunning...I can smell the pine pitch. WTG, GF.

Robin said...

Lovely cards. Very pretty!

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Oh, very pretty.

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Geri- Eeeek, these are gorgeous cards! I love all the colors you chose!

Kitty said...

Both of your cards a just beautiful.

Blessings,
Ksthleen

mermaid fenicia said...

That's a nice card ^_^

Andrea said...

Really lovely cards love the tartan paper

Sharyn Polesel said...

Wow, they are both beautiful! The first one has such striking colors, those great flowers, and I love the die you used. The second one, well, love that stamp and the tartan plaid is perfect!

Kay S said...

Beautiful! I like how you flipped the sketch on the first card and the flowers are gorgeous. Great holiday card! I'm inspired now to jump into Sean's challenge.

Lori said...

Beautiful cards Geri!! I don't have this set yet, I'm so glad you used it!

Susan White said...

Very pretty cards Geri, those sunflowers pop.

joy said...

Your coloring is always so wonderful! I love the pine cone card.

stampqueen said...

Both cards are fantastic!! Love the flowers - the coloring is awesome!! Love the bow too.
And the Christmas one is so pretty done with that color of base cardstock!!!

Judy I, St. Louis MO said...

Your cards are both wonderful. Love how you did the pine cone card. Great inspiration for Christmas.

catdidit said...

Such awesomeness Geri! LOVe the coloring on that first flower, and your bows are just perfect!

Nana Griffin said...

Beautiful cards! Love that you used one of the other flowers in the set. Yes I see the sparkle, nicely done.

Judy Woodland said...

Whoa, love both your cards. Beautiful coloring, and I'm so partial to that pine cone stamp. Great take on the sketch.

Donna Phelan said...

GORGEOUS cards! I have the AYOF2 set and am gonna half to whip that out.

Mrs. GraceWorks said...

What pretty cards! I especially like the first one. The colors and those pretty edges are wonderful!

ET said...

Nice colors and ideas.

Pat said...

Great cards! I especially love the Christmas in July card!

Cherry Blossoms said...

Stunning cards!

Carole Renneker said...

Very Pretty card.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your cards are absolutely stunning! I love them both. And, that is such a festive Christmas card design too. I did a few myself with Sean's challenge and it sort of got me in the mood. A good cool down on a hot day!

Carol said...

Lovely cards, thanks for sharing your ideas!

Carol B
ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

Betty Neville said...

These are just gorgeous, Geri! The colors are so vibrant!

Julie Allen said...

Very pretty cards. Love your coloring. Would be nice if you shared your Copic choices.
Sure gets me in the "mood" to start Christmas cards, and I have both the stamps. Yahootie!!!

Karen Hightower said...

Wow, beautiful cards.. Love them. :)

Barbara said...

Very nice cards. I love this set and you have used it wonderfully!

DJreflections said...

Both of your cards are very nice. And I like green!