Welcome to my Blog! The Photo in my Header is a photo of a fox in a chair on my deck. He was asleep but woke up for the photo!

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Textures of Nature Callenge

Hi there! Flourishes is having this really fun challenge and I just had to play along.



For my card I went with bird feathers or plumage. The image is from Flourishes newly released set " Glamour Girls". I love this set and have been just itching to play with it. I stamped the image in Memento's Grape Jelly first and then colored the hat with Copic's  V09 to darken it. Then cut out just the hat. Then stamped the image again using black Memento ink. and colored the rest of image with Copic's. I glued the hat I had cut out to the full image , leaving a space at the top for my feathers. I love the way the hat turned out and what fun it would be to have a hat like that. 





Hope your week-end is going well! Hot here, so I'm staying in and playing.  
Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

Olga said...

plum gorgeous, love the feather!!!!!

ChristineCreations said...

Oh Geri! This is just AWESOME with the feathers! Such perfect texture and such a great pairing with the hat! Awesome job! Thanks os much for playing along with us!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Stunning! Love the feather --

Cheryl said...

This looks amazing! Great idea for that pretty image. One of my friends wrote a book based on the feather trade. If you are interested, I have a link to it in my blog sidebar.

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Beautiful card! Check your spelling in the title though!

Cheri said...

This ROCK'S Geri. I think I need to buy this set....yes I do.

Connie MacFarlane said...

Great card Geri! Absolutely love the colours you used and the feathers are perfect.

Silke Ledlow said...

Geri, this is such a great texture card...love the feathers!