Welcome to my Blog! The Photo in my Header is a photo of a fox in a chair on my deck. He was asleep but woke up for the photo!

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

CSS Inspiration Challenge Blog Hop

Hi there! Today the CSS group has a inspiration challenge blog hop. Vicki has provided us with this gorgeous photo to be inspired with. Thanks Vicki.
You should have arrived here from super talented  Cheri's blog.



For my first card I cased and followed Theresa Momber tutorial here. I just loved her card using her stamp set "By The Sea 2" by Gina K. Designs. I changed the colors I was inspired by in the photo. Added the grass image and changed the sentiment. I sponge blended GKD Powder Blue ink into Ocean Mist fading out to  the white card stock.



I whipped this card out in just 15 minutes! A record for me!! This stamp set is perfect for  quick  CAS cards. 





 Supplies by Gina K. Designs:
By "The Sea 2"
GKD Dye Ink
Pure Luxury Card Stock
 Additional supplies:
Copic's
Memento
White gel pen
Next as you hop along is Joy's Blog you will love what she has to show you. Also if you get  off and want to start at the beginning of the hop, you can find it here at Stamp TV.

I really appreciate you stopping by and have a great day.


26 comments:

Miesje said...

Always amazing! Both cards are amazing. I love the colors. I think I need to do some more shopping at GKD!

Cheri said...

Love this set by Theresa, Geri and love how you've CASE'd her and the circle frame focal on the second card is outstanding!! Fabulous, each one!!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

WTG!! Fabulouso coloring -- Love the 2nd card with the chairs looking at the view -- I love popping in to your blog! :)

stampqueen said...

Both cards are just beautiful - looks like the pier just a couple miles away from me :)

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Both of these are just wonderful Geri! The coloring is amazing!

Rosy Newlun said...

Can't go wrong with Theresa's examples ;) I just love what you've done, and 15 minutes??? I'm game!

Payne Holler Cards said...

Double thud! Love love LOVE! This set is on my wish list...hope all is going well GF...

Olga said...

WOW!!!! This is breathtaking, the sky and water looks so real!!!!

joy said...

Absolutely amazing that it only took you 15 minutes! I love how you created a shadow with the fern and the white water highlight! Beautiful!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Both cards are absolutely beautiful! I love that set of Theresa's and have watched her tutorial several times. I love the colors you used!

Kay S said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! What else can I say? Both of your cards are fabulous!

AJ Scrapbooking & Cards said...

Wow this is so cute. I love the use of colors and your stamping is perfect. TFS AJ-

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your scenes are magnificient and you picked the colors perfectly to go with that inspirational photo.

Virginia Wingo said...

OMG, these cards are both super gorgeous. You have certainly learned Theresa's style very well. Now I'm off to see if I can CAS them.

Oneofakind said...

This set is on my wish list. You have shown me how simple is just beautiful!

catdidit said...

These both are just stunning Geri!

Karen Hightower said...

Love both of these cards. They are fabulous.. Love the both.. :)

Darlene S. said...

Both of these cards are absolutely stunning!!! They took my breath away!

Carolina said...

Beautiful cards Geri! The top one is a work of art..seriously needs to be framed!!!

Donna Phelan said...

Beautiful cards, the colors are perfect! I love that set too! Oh and every time I see that fox enjoying your porch I have to laugh! We now have 4 red fox, kits, playing and romping in our backyard, they are so funny and cute to watch!

Kitty said...

Both of your cards are beautiful.

Blessings,
Kathleen

Andrea Beecroft said...

What wonderful cards the inspration picture colors look beautiful on your cards so pretty

Sharon said...

Beautiful coloring and use of these colors. They are wonderful!

Becky said...

wow, what awesome cards Geri.. I just love the scenes you created with these stamps.

Betty Neville said...

So beautiful and tranquil! Works of art!

Cheryl Wright said...

Your cards are gorgeous! They remind me of a lazy day at the ocean!