Welcome to my Blog! The Photo in my Header is a photo of a fox in a chair on my deck. He was asleep but woke up for the photo!

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Warm Sunny Days Again!

Hi there! I just can hardly wait for warm summer days again. Flourishes is having a a Summer Lovin' challenge and it warmed me up just thinking about it.
all you need to do is be inspired by this beautiful color palette above OR create with summer in mind! 

After deciding to make a CAS card, I used "Country Roads" by Flourishes. I love this gorgeous set. This really is a quick and easy card. I sponged in the background using Memento ink pads,
Summer Sky
London Fog
Rose Bud
Cantaloupe
Bamboo Leaves
Added some shadows using Prisma Pencils and highlights with a while gel pen.



Time for me to start dinner. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful week-end.


14 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Completely stunning!! Love the fading out edges -- you are so talented!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Love this Geri! John Denver song, that was my favorite! First heard it in the Seventies! You captured the essence of this song perfectly! Thanks for this wonderful memory!

Betty Benton said...

Beautiful card, Geri -- love, love your shading!! Our thumbnails are next to each other on this challenge.

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

Now this is FABULOUS! your coloring skills for the sky are outstanding.... Love the feel of this and really wish I was sitting on the porch there looking out onto this scene. Thanks for playing in Flourishes Summer Fun Challenge.

Cheri said...

Wow!!! Geri....once again you create a masterpiece! I love this image and your card. Like, Karen, I have great memories of the song....when my son was 4 he could sing it word for word and I can still hear that sweet little voice signing it. Loved those days!!

Julie Koerber said...

BREATHTAKING!!!! Oh my!! I need you to come over and show me how you do this!! :-) Just such a beautifully clean and classy creation!

TLady said...

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Theresa said...

Beautiful card..you have such great coloring skills!

Theresa said...

Beautiful card...you have great coloring skills!

dpkennedy said...

Ooh, I love your beautiful colors! So soft and lovely!

And, does that fox always sleep on your porch?! Adorable!

Thanks for playing with Flourishes!

Silke Ledlow said...

GORGEOUS...this card definitely is capturing the scenery of some of the horse farms around this
area....I love it! Thank you for playing along with us...hugs ~S~

Cindy Lawrence said...

Sigh...what a perfect summer scene! I wanna go there!!! Thanks so much for playing along with Flourishes!

ChristineCreations said...

my little heart just went pitter patter. This is stunning Geri! The highlights and the sky and pasture are just amazing!

Betty said...

Beautiful! How did you get the clouds so perfect?