Welcome to my Blog! The Photo in my Header is a photo of a fox in a chair on my deck. He was asleep but woke up for the photo!

Monday, April 1, 2013

Joan Gardens Challenge

Hey there! Here is a card I made for Joan's challenge over at Joan's Gardens. I haven't played one of her challenges for awhile but when I saw Selma's gorgeous sample I knew I was missing some fun.
Here are the requirements:
  • Use some kind of container
  • Fill it with flowers
  • Use Yellow, Green and Orange
  • You must use something sold at Joan's Gardens on your card.


For my card I decided to fill this bird cage die for my container. The green leaves are from Melainie Muenchinger's stamp set " Holiday Basket" by Gina K. Designs.
The die is " Carousel Bird Cage" by Poppystamps. I got this from Joan's Gardens and absolutely love this gorgeous die. I attached the cage with some removable tape so it can be used as a ornament if so desired. The paper I cut the die on I got from my daughter's scrapes not sure what the name of it is but after you cut it out, you then sand it and looks like silver metal . Theresa said she got it at Micheals but so far I haven't been able to find it.



A closer view.



Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by.

10 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

Absolutely beautiful Geri. Great colors and your flowers are beautiful.
Thanks for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Betty Benton said...

A fabulous card, Geri!! Love the look of that paper you used for the cage.

Olga said...

WOW, this is gorgeous, Sorry I've been missing, the family has gone back to AL and things are back to normal now.......

Ginny Bell said...

Geri, this is a beautiful card. Love the bird cage!

Theresa said...

Lovely cage and flowers. Beautiful!!

Memaw said...

Cute card, did you make the flowers if so what die, or where did you get them. They look so real.
Judy

Payne Holler Cards said...

So gorgeous! You soooooo rock!

Becky said...

This is beautiful Geri!

Donna Przybylowski said...

Superb job, Geri,
I was going to do this myself, but changed my mind, you did a super job, your rose's are so very pretty and the ivy looks wonderful!!
hugs
Donna

Pssequimages said...

Oh how ELEGANT. What beautiful rich colors, and wonderful dies. GREAT ideas! And a beautiful, inspiring card. Gorgeous way to use the bird-cage die. I know that "sanded metal look" --we had a Shaker Christmas Ornament tutorial (by Dawn Lusk) at Papers and Pixels (Nov, p.68) that our Club did and used Silver Mirror cardstock that sounds like the same thing. It was a special order from Joan, I think. Treacherous to work with as I recall, but wow! LOVE how yours turned out.