Welcome to my Blog! The Photo in my Header is a photo of a fox in a chair on my deck. He was asleep but woke up for the photo!

Sunday, March 3, 2013

SOTW at Repeat Impressions

Hi there! This week at Repeat Impression we are featuring this gorgeous stamp " Bodie's Island Light" #3004. For a limited time you can purchase this stamp at half off. All the info and code can be found here at Repeat Impression blog The House That Stamps Built.

Today I have two samples to show you. For the first one here, I went with a window scene. I have made several like this and wanted to add it to my collections. I just love this look, sorry my score lines didn't show up well in my photo but it you click on the photo it may show better. I sponged in my back ground and the image was colored with Copic's. I just drew in the little birds.


My  second card,  I went with a simple nautical scene. The back ground was sponged in with Memento's and the image was colored with Copic's. I used post-it notes to mask off the light beams. Again my score lines didn't show up in the photo. I guess I should give up on doing them, even though I like how they look on a card.




Please check out some of the other teams cards for  more inspiration on using this gorgeous stamp.

Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

Susan Sieracki said...

Wow...that window card is INCREDIBLE looking. You did a phenomenal job on this card Geri. The sponging is amazing.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Love the light cards, Geri! I really need that window die!

Cheri said...

Each of your cards is stunning, Geri. Love the tiny details you put in your work. Amazing!

Olga said...

these are gorgeous, love your coloring, always look so real!

Selma said...

Hi Geri. Your cards are so realistic that I feel like I am on the coast. Your coloring is always so amazing to bring things to life. Both cards are gorgeous.

joy said...

Both great cards! I love the window scene! Such a great idea.

Ina said...

Both your cards are gorgeous. Really love the first one the way you have made it pop. Beautiful spongeing.

Becky said...

Wow Gerri, both of these are awesome. I love that first one, love white on white.