Welcome to my Blog! The Photo in my Header is a photo of a fox in a chair on my deck. He was asleep but woke up for the photo!

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Designer's Choice Challenge at RI

Hi there! Here it is time for Repeat Impressions Designer's Choice Challenge. The talented Karen is hosting this fun challenge and she is asking us to make a card or project using the Braying or sponging technique. Well sponging is one of my favorite techniques. Hope you can join us and play along, who knows you may even win a prize. You can find all the info about it here at RI blog The House That Stamps Built.
The image is by Repeat Impressions " Bird Song" # 1702 and the sentiment is "Heaven is ....." # 414. The background was sponged using Memento's Cantaloupe and Tangelo. I colored the image with Copic's and masked the bird and the nest I embossed the leaves with clear then sponged the background in.


Be sure to check out what the rest of the team has created, you can find them here.
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

Olga said...

this is beautiful, love the sentiment!

Natalie said...

Gorgeous card, Geri! The image and sentiment are wonderful!!

Patti J said...

Beautiful card, Geri! Hope you are well, my friend :)

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

It is always so exciting to see your creations, and this is another beauty!

joy said...

Beautiful sponging! Cute image and I love the button with the twine.

Karen Hasheck said...

Beautiful card for my challenge! I don't get a chance often to visit and comment so wanted to stop by and say great job on the DCC challenge!

Becky said...

This is gorgeous Gerri. Beautiful colors and shading.