Welcome to my Blog! The Photo in my Header is a photo of a fox in a chair on my deck. He was asleep but woke up for the photo!

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

CSS Blog Hop My favorite Things

Hi there! Welcome to the CSS Alumni Blog Hop. The theme is "my favorite things" hosted by Carolina. You should have arrived here from the super talented Cheri 
Well I had a lot of fun making these cards, just doing all my favorite things. For my first card I went with my favorite layout. I made this using my newest favorite stamp set. Theresa Momber illustrated this gorgeous set "Birds and Blossoms" by Gina K. Designs.
I colored the image with Copic's and used Spellbinder's dies to frame it. The card stock and ribbon is by Gina K. Designs. (Pure Luxury White and Powder Blue).



Another thing I love to do is sponge on my cards. So this sample is all about sponging. Using another set illustrated by Theresa Momber "Vogue Vases 2" by Gina K. Designs.  I just recentely got Gina's new ink pads. I so love this Ocean Mist, just what I have been wanting. I masked off a piece of DP I found in my loose scraps and sponged with Ocean Mist ink. I stamped the vase images on GKD Pure Ivory and sponged them, using Memento ink ( Desert Sand, Rich Cocoa and Toffee Crunch) after cutting them out, I then blended in a little of Gina K. Designs (Honey Mustard and Ocean Mist ) for some depth. The sentiment stamped in Memento's London Fog, to blend into the back ground. I then sponged GKD Honey Mustard around the the edges and card stock is GKD Honey Mustard and Ocean Mist.


Here is a sample of how I sponged the vases. Each vase always looks a little different, giving it a more unique look. After I cut out the vases I go around the edges to darken and cover the cut edge. 


Here are how two of them turned out. 
From here you will want to go to Joy's she will be sure to inspire you with her creativity. If you want to start at the beginning of the hop, you can find it at Stamp TV.



Thanks for coming by and have a wonderful day.

25 comments:

Miesje said...

These are great - love the coloring on the bird and those vases are incredible. Thanks for the tutorial too!

joy said...

Gorgeous cards! Love the coloring in the bird card and I'm so impressed with the vase shading! - thanks for showing how you did it!

Cheri said...

Geri, I just know when I visit your blog I'm going to have to pick my jaw from the counter. Your coloring and sponging here gives your images a breathtaking realistic look and feel. Wonderful tutorial and thank you for again inspiring me.

Lori said...

You are amazing Geri!! Love them!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Wow! Both cards are gorgeous! Thanks so much for showing how you made those beautiful vases.

Vicki Dutcher said...

BEAUTIFUL bird card [so my favorite] -- love the tiny tutorial for the glowing vases!

Brenda said...

Awesome cards Mom!!! I love how you sponged the vases. I will be giving that a try!

Betty Neville said...

Gorgeous cards, Geri! I always love your beautiful colouring! And your vase card is like a piece of art! Thank you for the sponging tutorial - love how it makes the vases three-dimensional!

meemee48 said...

I love Theresa Momber's stamps and all her shading. You did a great job.

mermaid fenicia said...

Those are lovely cards ^_^

Doris W. said...

Gorgeous coloring and sponging! The vases look so real like they would break if I knocked them over. Awesome cards!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

These are just fabulous, Geri! I kept staring at those gorgeous vases!

Donna Phelan said...

WOW! Your coloring IS amazing! Lovely, lovely cards!

--Marcy said...

Thanks for the tutorial! they are amazing!

Jan said...

I love both these cards. WONDERFUL inspiration

Melanie said...

I just adore how you do your vases! Thanks for the easy to follow photos!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Absolutely stunning artwork on both of these cards. And, love the tutorial on the coloring process.

Sharon said...

The vases are amazing! Beautiful!

Gayle said...

Amazing vases...beautiful cards.

stampqueen said...

Both cards are just beautiful - love your bird and the vases are wonderful!!!

Rosy Newlun said...

Yup, stunner stunner STUNNER of sponging the color onto the vases, leaving a bit of white for the reflection of light. Superb, Geri!!!

naneruth said...

Gorgeous cards Geri. Thanks for showing how you did the vases.

catdidit said...

So awesome Geri! Love all of your creations!

Kay S said...

Oh my gosh, Geri! These are such gorgeous cards! Love the bluebird and the vase card is just stunning! Thanks for sharing how you did the vases.

Lagene said...

Lovely cards! And THANKS for the vase tutorial!