Welcome to my Blog! The Photo in my Header is a photo of a fox in a chair on my deck. He was asleep but woke up for the photo!

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Update on Holiday Cards

Hi there1 I have been getting some requests on the colors and how I did the flowers, so I thought I would do a little tutorial on how I did my flowers for this card. Keep in mind I'm not very good at doing tutorials.

Here is how I started , using Melanie Muenchinger's set "A Year of Flowers" by Gina K. Designs, stamped the flower using London Fog Memento ink.




I then sponged the center and on upper part of the petals with New Sprout by Memento


Then I used Copic's R01 coloring the bottom part of the petal and blending into the green. Next I used R20 to darken and blend, as shown. The leaves were colored with YG13 then I added G24 and then 
a little YG67 for shaded areas. For the center of the flower, I used Orange and Yellow Stickles. After coloring the flowers and the leaves, I cut them out. I sponged the back panels with Cantaloupe by Memento and then Rose Bud over that. These colors make a gorgeous peach color that goes well with GKD card stock "Just Peachy. You can see how this was done on Theresa Momber's  tutorial here.
After seeing where I wanted the leaves placed I glued them down and cut out a few flower petals (just for a different look), then attached the flowers using pop-dots.  Well that is all and I hope it was helpful.

6 comments:

Olga said...

those flowers are beautiful , TFS!

Judy I, St. Louis MO said...

I really admired your card when you posted it and wondered how it was colored. Thanks for the tutorial.

Louise Fox said...

Not the run-of-the-mill poinsettia and I love things a bit different, but yet traditional. Thanks for the tutorial - and it is a good tutorial as I can now replicate it using "my style". Thanks and blessings.

Cheri said...

Great tutorial, Geri. These poinsettias are so gorgeous. Thanks for sharing your A1 talent!

Payne Holler Cards said...

Ok ....GORGEOUS!

naneruth said...

That was a wonderful tutorial. What a lovely card!