Welcome to my Blog! The Photo in my Header is a photo of a fox in a chair on my deck. He was asleep but woke up for the photo!

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

A Couple of Holiday Cards

Hi there! I'm working on Christmas cards and here are a couple I did for some challenges at Stamp TV.
This first card is for STV12 MON48 hosted by Sean,he is asking that we make a card or project using warm colors and warm wishes.  Here is what I came up with.
The base of the card is "Just Peachy" card stock by GKD. The die is by Spellbinders. Magnificent Squares. I don't have this die (which I did) but Theresa my daughter does and while visiting I cut out a couple!! I sponged them with Memento. The images are from "A Year of Flowers" illustrated by Melanie Muenchinger by Gina K. Designs. I colored the flowers and leaves with Copic's and cut them out. I also cut out a couple of petals (just for a different look.) The Sentiment is from another of Melanie's sets "Stately Flowers 5".



This is the card I made for my friend Linda's challenge at Stamp TV and Linda wants us to make a card or project using NON TRADITIONAL HOLIDAY COLORS, no REDS or GREENS. I decided to go with warm brown tones. The stamps I used here "Joyful Holiday"  were illustrated by Theresa Momber and by Gina K. Designs. I stamped the string and bow with rich coca by Memento and then went over it with Sakura pen which gives a sparkle in real life. I used some stones in place of ornament just for a different look.


Well that is it for today, thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

Geri, Both are absolutely gorgeous. I love the colors in both cards. The coloring on your first card is just perfect, soft ans sweet and those brown tones for your second card are truly stunning. Thanks for all your inspiration.

Sue W said...

Beautiful cards Geri! Your non traditional Christmas coloured card popped right off the screen.........I love it!

Carol L said...

Oh my goodness, what lovely cards these are! Those gems look so elegant and sophisticated! Gorgeous!

Judy I, St. Louis MO said...

Both awesome cards. I like the non-traditional holiday colors for a really different look - I may try something like that this year. love the brown gems. Thanks for the great inspiration.

Cheri said...

Geri....you rock at everything you do. I love these cards and your color scheme and designs are beyond beautiful.

naneruth said...

Love the peach card with the poinsettia. Would you remember which color copics you used to match the peach paper so? I'll check back to see if you do later. Thanks.