Welcome to my Blog! The Photo in my Header is a photo of a fox in a chair on my deck. He was asleep but woke up for the photo!

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Designer Choice Challenge at RI

Hi there! Are the weeks just flying bye or what? I better start getting some Christmas cards made as I always get behind! Every year I tell myself, I'm going to start early next year!! Ha
Today's challenge here at Repeat Impressions is Designer's choice and this week Patti has ask us to paper piece on our card or project.  I decided to use this adorable little penguin, now isn't he just the cutest? #8814W- Santa Hat Penguin by Repeat Impressions.
The DP for the hat and the background is Basic Grey. I found this DP with the fence in my scrapes and not sure where it came from but I thought this little guy would look cute on it. I stamped the sentiment   #8810W- Snow Much Fun by RI, right on the DP.


Here is another very quick card using the same image for a different look. I was inspired by a card Theresa Momber made recently and decided the background would be perfect. Here is the link to Theresa's card. I again pieced the hat and cut the image out. The sponging was done with Memento's. 


It is always so much fun to see the gorgeous creations the rest of the team has to show you.

You can find all the details about this challenge at "The House That Stamp Built".
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by.


9 comments:

joy said...

Awww, what a sweet penguin! Your card is beautiful - that fluffy bow is perfect with your image and paper.

Olga said...

another beauty, as all your creations are, I would appreciate you going to Heartfelt Creations blog and voting for me. thanks hon!!

Kecia said...

Cute, cute, cute! Such a great way to get multiple looks from one stamp...just change the hat color/design.

I'm especially loving that purple sky in your second card.

Payne Holler Cards said...

Awwwww what a cutie! Both cards are adorable (-:

Shirley said...

They are both so much fun, adorable, and pretty too!

Patti J said...

Geri, great job on the paper piecing challenge! Love your adorable card! Thanks for sharing :)

Betty Benton said...

What cute cards -- such a happy little penguin!! Love the string of Christmas lights on the fence!

Cheri said...

Geri, you are such a joy to have on this team....I just love each and every card you create with Wendy's stamps. This one is no exception. This image is one of my faves and your paper piecing is fantastic.

Pat (mspfd) said...

These are suc fun and fabulous Christmas creations. Love the plaid background paper and paper-piecing of the first card The sponged background on the second card is spectacular!