Welcome to my Blog! The Photo in my Header is a photo of a fox in a chair on my deck. He was asleep but woke up for the photo!

Monday, August 20, 2012

GKD AUG. CSS ALUMNI BLOG HOP

Hi there! Welcome to Gina K. Designs  August CSS Alumni Blog Hop. You should have arrived here from super talented Cheri  can't wait to see what gorgeousness she came up  with.This month is an inspiration challenge. I found this photo a few months ago and thought it would be a great fall inspiration photo.

For my first card I used Melanie's "Basket Additions"  and the basket is from her "Holiday Basket" both by Gina K. Designs. The card stock is GKD and I colored most of the images with Copic's and colored pencils on the pumpkins.


For my next card I was so inspired by the door! I made the door using spellbinder's long rectangle's. Using the largest and the smallest for the panels. I had so many idea's for decorating a door, I may have make more!! The sunflower's are from Theresa's "Autumn Beauty" and "pumpkins from "Heartfelt" by Gina K. Designs. The card stock for the door is GKD (Wine with Everything).


Make sure to leave a comment as you hop along because on Tuesday morning (August 28), we will randomly choose one of the comments from all the blogs and that person will receive a huge grab bag of fabulous Gina K. Designs Stamps! Good luck! Your next stop is the incredibly talented Joy
Thanks for stopping by.
 

32 comments:

Melissa Cash said...

Love both cards Geri, the door card is spot on from your amazing inspiration photo. I think I need to paint my house green and my door red!

Payne Holler Cards said...

ohhhhh I've missed creating and visiting! hi there (-:
loved the photo you gave us...and your cards are awesome (as always!)
Wouldn't I love to have this front door!
your basket is gorgeous!
big hug GF
Linda

Cheri said...

Absolutely stunning in both cases, Geri. I love that basekt of harvest goodies with the big gingham ribbon and the door is breathtaking. I never thought of using the rectangles to create a door. Great idea.

Brenda said...

Beautiful cards Mom!!!! What a great inspiration photo.

Rosy Newlun said...

This is one of those 'thud!' stops! Both cards are GLORIOUS!

Anonymous said...

Both of your cards are lovely but I love the second one. It is just awesome.

Blessings,
Kat

Kathryn A said...

I really love the card with the door and pumpkins!! Awesome!

Theresa Momber said...

Gorgeous cards! Love the basket coloring and the door card is just too awesome!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Both cards are fantastic, but the creation of that door is amazing! Your coloring is always so perfect.

craftymom205 said...

Great cards.

craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

Cindi Hall said...

You are so talented!

stampqueen said...

Wow what great cards - love them both!!!
Great inspiration photo you chose!!!

Kay S said...

Both cards are stunning and are perfect interpretations of the photo, especially the door you created. I thought about making a door but couldn't recall the technique with the Spellbinders to do it. I will have to try it now after seeing yours. Thanks for the great inspiration photo and for sharing your gorgeous cards!

Donna Phelan said...

Ooh love both of your cards, just saw them in the gallery! Your first one is just perfect, the DP that ribbon, love all of it!!!

meemee48 said...

Love both cards. The door is fantastic. I love the basket with all the harvest items and the gingham checks.

Melanie said...

I love these cards!!!

joy said...

WOW! What great cards! Love the door one and the perfect color! The basket one is amazing! - You have created great texture with your coloring!

Doris W. said...

I love both your cards! The basket filled with fall veggies and the front door is gorgeous!

Becky said...

Both of these are beautiful Geri.

Lagene said...

Love both cards, especially the fall basket!

Sharon said...

Both are great cards! The door is outstanding - a neat design and such a good job on the flowers and pumpkins.

naneruth said...

Awesome cards. I would of never thought to make a door from spellbinder rectangles. Great job!

Betty Neville said...

These are amazing, Geri! Colored beautifully - as usual! Your door is just awesome, and the sunflowers and pumpkins add such a welcoming touch!

Gayle said...

Amazing inspiration piece and your door is...well...WOW!. Beautiful cards.

Angie said...

Just stunning! Love both of your cards but my favorite is the second one love the purple door and the pumpkins and the sunflowers just gorgeous together! Awesome inspiration picture too!

PiscesGirl said...

Love both of these cards. Very pretty

Miesje said...

I love these! Really love how you did the door and the basket is wonderful! Great cards!

Anonymous said...

Geri your cards are stunning!! Your coloring is so perfect!!!
Penny ODell

Tammie Lien said...

Love both cards and the basket full of goodies.Looks like fall is here:)))

Robin said...

These are both wonderful cards!

Angela Shields said...

Love, love, love both of your cards! These cards are making me in the mood for fall! :)

Shirley said...

Talk about inspiring!! The first one is gorgeous and the second is just so warm and wonderful!!