Welcome to my Blog! The Photo in my Header is a photo of a fox in a chair on my deck. He was asleep but woke up for the photo!

Sunday, July 1, 2012

BRING BACK BEAUTIFUL CHALLENGE #24

The Beauty of Winged Things! Birds, butterflies, even lady bugs -- let your
creativity flow on this challenge aimed at honoring those creatures with
wings on your card or creation! Link up your Bring Back Beautiful Challenge
creations on the Flourishes Blog to enter.If 
you upload to SCS, please use the keyword BBB24. You have until July 31 to
enter! As we unveil our challenge for next month, we'll share our True
Beauties – those card makers who wowed us with this challenge! Winners will
be featured on the Flourishes Blog and will receive a True Beauty blog
button to display proudly on their blog and our favorite entry will play
along with the team for the month of September!!!
Hi everyone, I'm so excited to join in BBB for July challenge and want to thank them for having me.
For my project I used Flourishes stamp set "Spring has Sprung" and the sentiment is from Flourishes " With Graditude". My gift box was inspired from Beate's tutorial here. I wanted it a little larger to fit my die for the top and bottom base. So I  adjusted it by using a 6x9 piece of CS. 
I sponged Memento's summer sky in the background and colored the image with Copic's. The die's are from spellbinder's.
Sorry, that I haven't been posting much lately, my DH retired in June and I have been caught up in so much going on and lots of changes. Should settle down soon and I may have to post a "Do Not Distrube Sign on my crafting door! Hee Hee.

You will inspired by the stunning creations the team below has to share.

Betty Wright
Geri  ( you are here)


Have a great day and thanks for stopping by.


11 comments:

Kathy Jones said...

Geri, your box is gorgeous and your colouring is beautiful!!! Thank you so much for joining the BBB Team this month!!! :)

Olga said...

Geri this is awesome, your coloring is always so perfect, take care and have a great week!!

Betty Wright said...

Geri, this is absolutely stunning and your coloring is beautifully detailed. Love the gift box design! Congrats on Guest Designing with us this month!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Congrats on July! They're gain for sure! Beautiful bird there mf!

The Other Patti Sue said...

OMGosh Geri... this is AMAZING! Super ,super pretty!

Carole said...

Wonderful card Geri, I love the stamp and your colour choice.

Naomi said...

Geri, what a BEAUTIFUL gift box! You coloured the image beautifully and it is a lovely design. I am SO glad that you could join us at BBB, this month, and share your talent with us!

Hugs,
Naomi

Payne Holler Cards said...

Super congrats (-:
They made right choice! Beautiful coloring...such a lovely gift box!
Have missed ya
Hugs
Linda

Anne-Elise said...

Congratulations, Geri! Love this little box, it's so beautiful!

Olga said...

totally understand DH being home all the time now....I promise, you will get used to it, I love the card, but then I love all your cards!

Janeen said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GERI, i couldn't find another way to contact you so thought I would just post it here. :) Love the little fox on your header, how cute is that?

Hope you have a gorgeous day, my friend. Janeen