Welcome to my Blog! The Photo in my Header is a photo of a fox in a chair on my deck. He was asleep but woke up for the photo!

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Flourishes Timeless Tuesday # 165

Hiya friends! Hope your week is going well. Did you get a chance to see Flourishes April's new release? Just beautiful!! Congratulation to all the winners.


This week Amanda is hosting the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge #165 and she has asked us to create a Card or Project Using Your Favorite Flourishes Stamp Set. I'm so in love with these stamps, it was hard to decide on just one as a favorite! I finally decided that Flourishes " Calla Lilies" is my favorite.
I stamped the image and colored with Copic's, then cut it out, I then stamped just the bottom part of the image coloring just the leaves and cut them out and added them for more dimension . I used the oval Spellbinders die and sponged with Memento. The lace die is Cherry lynn. The DP is "My Mind Eye" and the embellies are "Candi" which I got from Flourishes after watching a tutorial by Cindy Lawrence here.





This is another sample using the same image, colored with Copic's and I colored the "Candi" with the same color as the flowers.


Be sure to check out the rest of the team as their samples are stunning and sure to inspire you.
Hope you can join us in this fun challenge. Have a wonderful week.
Thanks for stopping by.

27 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh Gosh, Geri!! I am really enjoying your cards and how great your Copic coloring is!! These two cards are absolutely stunning!! :)

~ Amanda :)

Karen W said...

Beautiful cards, this is really going to be difficult to pick one favorite. I love all their flowers!!

Donna Hanley said...

Geri, Just fabulous cards. Your coloring is outstanding and I love that image.

Beate said...

I love the soft sponged background on the first card. Both look wonderful!
Hugs and smiles

Makiko Jones said...

Geri, both cards are so beautiful and your coloring is amazing! Fantastic job on the trimming for the first card! I love them both.

Liz Williams said...

WOW, Geri, these are gorgeous. That is a fabulous stamp.

Kazan Clark said...

so pretty - I need that stamp!
Hugs
Kazan

The Other Patti Sue said...

Both are gorgeous! LOVE the Calla Lilies!

Betty Benton said...

I just love looking at your cards -- they are always so beautiful! I have that stamp set waiting at my daughter's for me when I visit her next month.

Carol L said...

I can hardly wait to see your latest creation, and you certainly didn't disappoint!! The sympathy card is just amazing with the three-tone effect, and the pink flowers on the 2nd card are just as amazing!!

The Rubber Maid said...

Beautiful cards both of them but I think my favorite is the 2nd. one. Lovely work! Pat

flourishes said...

Geri, Bothe of these cards are smashing! Thank you for sharing your talents as on of our April designers.

Jan Marie
Flourishes

Kim said...

Beautiful job with those calla lilies Gerri!! I like the soft colors you colored them in, and I like the pastel shades in the first one.

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Such beautiful cars Geri! Love both color combos! Great way to showcase those gorgeous Calla Lilies!

Cindy Haffner said...

Geri your work is AMAZING!~

Yogi said...

both are beautiful. Love the top one with the lace die. That's a really nice stamp

Silke Ledlow said...

Two absolute beautiful cards Geri! Love how you displayed them so differently! Hugs ~S~

Becky said...

wow..Both of these are beautiful Gerri. Awesome colors and coloring.

Marlena M. said...

You did a beautiful job with this set Geri! Both of your cards are lovely in color and design.

Pattie J. said...

what a love idea love the colors and the feeling of love for the time of sorrow.

Polly said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous! Love it!

Susie said...

Geri,
Both of your cards are lovely. And I admire your coloring skills. You did a fabulous job with the colors on those lilies. The subtle shades of green in the base and looks like you used some warm grey too - beautiful! I especially like the gradual shading behind the white lilies; it made them pop right out. And those leafs - well, I could go on and on. Beautifully done! The pink lilies are equally as pretty. You've set the standard here.

Payne Holler Cards said...

They are both so gorgeous! Your coloring always looks like a photo or painting.

Unknown said...

Love how you popped the animals out - looks so 3-D.

NikkiNix said...

Wow, What beautiful and inspiring designs! I'm sure glad I was out hopping this morning ;)

Jackie K said...

So absolutely gorgeous!! I had to look at both of these up close!! I love your detail, the colors and the design for both! I am in love with the Cherry Lynn die!!!

Chris said...

Gorgeous! The animals are perfect! THanks for sharing.