Welcome to my Blog! The Photo in my Header is a photo of a fox in a chair on my deck. He was asleep but woke up for the photo!

Friday, March 25, 2011

Speedy's Friends Challenge #48

Hi everybody, I really loved all the gorgeous cards you all made this week!!
Now for this week's challenge at Speedy's Friends, Joanne has ask us to make a card with dry and heat embossing and pop up part of image.
For my card I used the gorgeous stamp set "Just Dandy" by Mark's Finest Papers. I used a cuttlebug folder for my dry embossing and sponged some "Old Photo" ink by Tim Holtz. I made the background for my image using the sentiment from this set. Distressing the edges with some more T.H. ink. Then stamped my image with the same ink and versa mark and heat embossed with clear. I popped up my image with pop dots. All the supplies to make this card came from MFP.


I hope you get a chance to play along with us and you can find the info on this challenge here.

Have a great week end and thanks for stopping by.

12 comments:

craftieodmae said...

you've made another beautiful card, this is breath taking!

Susan Raihala said...

What a gorgeous, soft card, Geri!! Love the hints of orange, and how you used the sentiment to create a lovely text background for the dandy!

The Other Patti Sue said...

OMGoodnes Geri! This is stunning! Gorgeous!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Geri- I love everything about this card!! I love the way you stamped the dp then added your dandelions!

Cheri said...

I love the warm simplicity of this card, Geri.

Harriet Skelly said...

Beautifully done Geri! Love how you did the background and love these rich but soft colors!

Ana Márquez said...

Your work is really, really beautiful :-) Congratulations.

Joanne (jojot) said...

so rich, warm, earthy and gorgeous

Colleen Dietrich said...

Geri, I LOVE how you took a sentiment and made a background from it! I was scouring your description to find out what stamp that was, sure that it was a background. Genius!

Becky said...

This is gorgeous Geri, ya I know I spelled your name wrong on the last comment :).
Love this image and layout.

Vicki Dutcher said...

STUNNING!!! Love the colors and that lace especially!

Shirley said...

How warm and wonderful! That cute button with bow really makes the whole card sing!