Welcome to my Blog! The Photo in my Header is a photo of a fox in a chair on my deck. He was asleep but woke up for the photo!

Monday, May 10, 2010

Gina's Movie Magic DT Challenge

Hello! Are you ready for some fun? Gina's Challenge is choose a movie that you like and make a card inspired by that movie.
The movie that I decided on is "A River runs Through it" directed by Robert Redford. I love this movie. Here is a photo of the movie CD that inspired me.


Here is my card that I was inspired to make. I decided on Theresa Momber's new set "Gone Fishing" by Gina K. Designs, for my main image. But I never can stop there I also used the mountain background image from Theresa's "Happy Camper" and never one to stop too soon I also added part of the island image from "Life is Good"
This is also for Speedy the Cats Friends Challenge#2 over at Marks Finest Papers to use a corner punch.



Inside of the card I used Gina's " Masculine Messages" and Nina Brackett " Vintage Backgrounds" both of these sets are so perfect to add to any masculine cards. Card stock is by Gina K. Designs.



For the specific details of the Senior Design Team challenge, please visit GinaK's Blog



Then, check out these designer's links for all the projects they have prepared for tonight's challenge:



Can't wait to see all the wonderful creations from you all! Thanks for stopping by.

27 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

OMGosh Geri this is gorgeous! So,so pretty!

Deb Neerman said...

{*Thunk*} ... sound of head hitting desk!

OMIGOSH, GERI!!!! This is stunning! So creative and so clever and so beautifully done. You're my stampin' idol, girl, and I bow to your genius. WoW! Umm, wow!

Linda Beeson said...

What a beautiful job with those images and I love that great inside of the card too.

emilymomto3boys said...

too fun - two of you actually picked the same movie! Great job on the card too!

Carolyn King said...

wow...beautiful scene. Now i really really really have to see this movie since so many of you loved it!

Lee said...

Oh this is just a breathtaking scene Geri!!! That river looks so real!!!

joy said...

Wow - girl you ROCKED this challenge. Wonderful coloring!

Betty Benton said...

What a gorgeous tribute to your favorite movie! You done good!!

Cat Tidwell said...

OH so awesome once again Geri! YOu put my scene to shame! LOL! We both have excellent taste in movies though! ;) You are such an artist extroidinaire with these scenes!

Becky said...

Geri this is just fabulous...Gorgeous coloring

NinaB said...

What a beautiful card, Geri. You are rocking these new sets.

asela said...

Awesome! Love the scene you created.

Theresa's Studio said...

Absolutely stunning...amazing use of stamps...You are a creative genius! Love the inside too.

Carla S. said...

What an awesome scene you created, Geri! So perfectly composed and colored! I love it!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Fly fishing is an amazing sport, and you have captured the love. It's all in the wrist to flick that super long line. Snap your wrist at 10:00 forward and 2:00 backward......! Your scene is awesome, Geri! Let's not mention how much I love this movie.

Melanie said...

terrific card and inspiration, Geri! :)

Payne Holler Cards said...

another beauty!!! love your scene and I love that movie also (:

Theresa Momber said...

Woweee! This is so gorgeous! What an amazing scene!

craftieodmae said...

Oh I love that movie too. Your card is just breath taking, beautiful!

Lagene said...

WOW!!! Geri this is a fantastic scene!!!

Cheri said...

Can you win twice??? This is amazing!!!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Excellent card there GF!! Great picture for the inspiration~~

Jennie said...

THUD...Geri, this is GORGEOUS! Stunning design and LOVE that movie... You have done just fabulous as GD for GKD :o) Inspired me tremendously...

Claudine Poch said...

A nice peaceful scene. Thanks for playing along with Speedy's Friends challenge.

Vicki Dutcher said...

You just want 2 comments from me huh? LOL - Can you win GD 2 months in a row? You should -

Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!!

Liz Williams said...

You nailed this scene and thanks for including it in the Speedy' Friends' Challenge this week.

Joan Ervin said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Geri...soooo calm and soothing!!! Love the colors you used and the scene is just FABULOUS!!!!